Our in-house dental hygiene services include:
- Regular professional cleanings
- Patient education, including oral hygiene instructions
- Oral cancer screening
- Periodontal charting
- Deep scaling and root planning
- Stain removal
- Ulcers and fever blister treatment
- Referral to clinical specialists such as a periodontist or oral surgeon if necessary
Ultra Sonic Scaling
Patient comfort at Field Dentistry is our top priority. Unlike older ultrasonic machines, the ProSelect is able to remove the deposits under a patient’s gum line with gentle vibrations providing much more patient comfort. The ultrasonic vibrations are strong enough to remove stains and hard deposits, but are gentle enough not to harm gums or teeth. When the tip of the ultrasonic scaler is placed near calculus, it painlessly breaks down and removes the build-up.
Some of the advantages of the ultrasonic scaler include:
- Faster than traditional teeth cleaning methods
- A pleasant alternative to hand scaling
- Safe and effective method to clean teeth
Preventing Gum Disease
Teeth, gums, and bone that support the teeth need to be healthy and clean in order for our dentistry to be successful. We are devoted to the prevention of gum disease in your lifetime, and we offer a full array of hygiene and non-surgical non-invasive services to help insure our success. If periodontal disease is detected, we will recommend action to treat the disease aggressively.
Gum disease ranges from mild (gingivitis) to moderate to the severe (periodontitis). Treatments are available for every case of gum disease.
Some of the signs and symptoms of gum disease include:
- Swollen, red, bleeding, receding or tender gums
- Bad breath
Common problems associated with gum disease:
- Receding gum lines which expose the root portions of your teeth
- Discolored or deteriorating tooth structure
- Bone loss
- Gum depressions (holes in between the teeth in the gum tissue)
- Infected gum line (discoloration or inflammation of the gum tissue)
- Tooth loss or tooth movement
Periodontal disease is a disease of the gums that can also affect the bone. Periodontal disease has been called the silent killer for many years in dentistry, and because it can be painless and asymptomatic, patients sometimes don’t even realize they have it. If these are areas of concern, we offer the latest in periodontal therapy techniques. We also will not hesitate to refer you to a clinical specialist should the need arise.